Carity Inc. (“Carity”) wants to ensure that you have a worry-free experience while you get acquainted with your vehicle. If you experience issues with your vehicle during your first 90 days or 6,000 KMs of ownership, Carity will take care of those issues (the “Guarantee”). There are, however, certain rules and restrictions that apply so please review this policy carefully.
The Guarantee period starts from the date that the vehicle was delivered and ends on the earlier of (i) the expiry of the 90-day period, and (ii) the vehicle accumulating more than 6,000 KMs as compared to the odometer reading stated on the bill of sale (the “Coverage Period”).
Except for the excluded repairs, our Guarantee covers repairs of ALL parts, assemblies, or components of your vehicle (the “Vehicle Parts”).
- WHAT DO I DO IF MY CAR BREAKS DOWN?
Assess if the vehicle can be operated safely. If it can be safely operated, move the vehicle to a safe location and contact Carity (contact information is available below). If it cannot be safely operated, stop the vehicle in a safe place to protect the vehicle from further damage and contact Carity. After contacting Carity, if your vehicle requires a tow, please call CAA at 1-800-222-HELP (4357) and request a tow of your vehicle to the nearest mechanic. Carity will cover the cost of the tow up to $500.
Contact Carity at 647-952-0930.
- REPAIRS NOT COVERED
The Guarantee will not cover repairs of the following Vehicle Parts:
- Any cosmetic defects, minor noises, rattles, squeaks on the exterior or interior of the vehicle that do not affect its driveability or safety;
- Any general wear and tear items such as tires, brake rotors/pads, clutch, wiper blades, anddrive belt;
- Any regular maintenance services and parts such as oil changes, fluid top-ups/replacements, filter replacements, engine tune-ups, spark plugs, bulbs, and fuses; or
- Any aftermarket (non-OEM) parts and accessories.
While the repair may involve Vehicle Parts that would normally be covered under our Guarantee, there are circumstances where our Guarantee will not apply. The Guarantee will not apply if:
- The failure or malfunction of the Vehicle Parts was caused by a collision, whether or not you were at fault.
- The failure or malfunction of the Vehicle Parts was caused by fire, vandalism, lightning, natural disaster (such as earthquake, flood, hail, windstorm), acts of violence
- The failure or malfunction of the Vehicle Parts was caused by abuse or misuse of the vehicle. Some examples include not following manufacturer’s guidelines or recommendations, racing or off-roading the vehicle, and not properly maintaining the vehicle according to manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule.
- The failure or malfunction of the Vehicle Parts was caused by or can be attributed to an aftermarket (non-OEM) part or accessories, or modification made to the vehicle.
- The vehicle or the Vehicle Parts are covered by an existing manufacturer’s or third-party warranty that covers the repair of the vehicle and/or the Vehicle Parts
- The person or entity that purchased the vehicle from Carity as stated on the bill of sale is no longer the owner of the vehicle. The Guarantee is not transferable and cannot be used by the new owner.
- The vehicle was purchased from Carity through a wholesale/auction network.
- The vehicle was sold “as-is” or as otherwise clearly indicated in our vehicle listing that our Guarantee does not apply.
- We determine that, acting reasonably, you are abusing our Guarantee