Carity Inc. (“Carity”) wants to ensure that you are fully satisfied with your vehicle purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return the vehicle for a full refund, within 10 calendar days or 500 kms.
While you can return your vehicle for any reason, to prevent any abuse of our return policy, we have put together some simple rules around our returns.
- HOW IT WORKS
- The 10-day return period starts from the date that the vehicle was delivered. The vehicle must be in our possession within the 10-day return period.
- The vehicle must not have accumulated more than 500 KMs as compared to the odometer reading stated on the bill of sale.
- The vehicle must be returned in the same condition with the same equipment (e.g.tires, wheels, mats …etc.) as delivered. We may inspect the vehicle for damage, wear and tear, or any signs of abuse, modification, unusual or suspect activities.
- The vehicle must be registered under the same person/entity as on the bill of sale and the vehicle must not have any additional lien or encumbrance registered against it.
- If any of the conditions above are not met, we reserve the right to refuse the returnor make reasonable adjustments to compensate for the deviation in the condition or equipment.
- If you financed the vehicle, we will pay off the loan first and clear off any lien before issuing the balance, if any. Your cooperation with the lender may be required to expediently pay off the loan.
- If you purchased any protection products (e.g. warranty), the administrator of such protection products may charge a cancellation fee. We do not charge any admin or surcharge fee. We simply pass these costs to you.
- If you traded-in a vehicle, we may or may not return it as we may have already sold it to another customer. If we did sell the vehicle, we will refund you the value of the trade-in as agreed upon on the bill of sale. If we can return the vehicle, re-registration and safety certification, if required, will be at your expense.
- If all conditions are met, we will process your return and issue a refund cheque, if any, within 5 business days of you returning the vehicle, unless there are delays that are outside of our control. If you owe any money to us, lender or any of the protection products administrators, you agree to pay those amounts promptly.
Returns are not available if any of the following apply:
- The vehicle was purchased from Carity through a wholesale/auction network;
- The vehicle was purchased from Carity for commercial use;
- The vehicle was sold “as-is” or as otherwise clearly indicated in our vehicle listing that our return policy does not apply; or
- We determine that you are abusing our return policy.